Search Results for: all
BEST FM 95.1 WAJI has teamed up with Verizon Wireless to give you a new iPad!
Check out Verizon’s new Small, Medium, Large, and extra large data options that can be shared among up to 10 devices. Find out more HERE
It’s EASY to get in the running… just fill out the form below:
Join BEST FM 95.1 WAJI for two full days of shopping, exciting guest speakers (including Hillary Farr from HGTV’s “Love it or List it”), beauty demonstrations, health and fitness tips and giveaways at the first-ever SHE Expo. SHE is Simply Her Experience and it takes place October 10th and 11th at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum! Specialty Pavilions at the expo include Lutheran Health Network Health Pavilion, Windows Doors & More Home Décor Pavilion and Darlington Pampering Pavilion. Admission is just $12 for a two-day wristband. Wristbands are available now at the Coliseum box office and online HERE.
ALL Kids have the right to feel SAFE…
That’s why BEST FM 95.1 WAJI and the dental office of Dr. Steven Ellinwood have teamed up for the #NoMoreBullies Campaign!
You can be a part of it, too!
Write “#NoMoreBullies” on your hand or a sign and take a selfie! Show how you are standing up to bullies. Post it to social media and be sure to use the hashtag “#NoMoreBullies”… Let’s ALL say No More Bullies in Northeast Indiana!
Below is some information about bullying and what you can do about it…
WHAT IS BULLYING?
Bullying is when one kid or a group of kids hurts someone repeatedly with the words they say or the things they do. Some examples of bullying include:
- Teasing or calling names
- Leaving someone out of activities
- Physically hurting someone like hitting, pushing, or kicking
- Spreading rumors
- Sending mean notes or emails
- Making threats
- Sometimes kids are bullied on the way to and from school or during school. Others might be bullied on the computer through email or websites.
WHY DO KIDS BULLY?
Kids bully other kids for many reasons. Sometimes kids don’t really like themselves, so they pick on others to feel better. It doesn’t matter how or where someone is bullied, bullying is just wrong. When someone is bullied, it can hurt for a very long time. Making kids feel bad about themselves or afraid is no laughing matter.
WHAT DO I DO IF I’M BEING BULLIED?
- First, know that you are not alone. Many kids experience bullying.
- Next, tell the bully (or bullies) that you want them to stop.
- Then, if the bullying continues, ask an adult for help. You’ll need to tell an adult you trust like a parent or a teacher. Ask them to help you put together a plan of action to stop the bullying.
- Practice what you might say or do if you are bullied again, using your plan of action.
- Know that it can change! It may take a while for the bullying to stop, but stay strong and know that you are worth it.
DON’T BE A BYSTANDER!
WHAT CAN I DO IF I SEE SOMEONE BEING BULLIED?
- First, imagine how you might feel if you were the one being bullied.
- Refuse to join in. Remember, bullying is wrong and it hurts.
- Tell an adult you trust, like a parent or a teacher.
- Be kind to the person who has been bullied by showing them you care
On the line are 50 Web.com PGA TOUR cards for the 2015-16 season — It’s the Hotel Fitness Championship at Sycamore Hills Golf Club, September 9-13, 2015! The field will be composed of the top 75 players from the Web.com Tour money list, as well as the players who finish 126-200 on the PGA TOUR FedExCup points list. Join BEST FM 95.1 WAJI, as The Path to the PGA TOUR comes through Fort Wayne. Keep listening to win passes to check out the action live! Click HERE to check out more details on the Hotel Fitness Championship!
Your story is an invaluable part of our story!
856 voices create 1 story for Northeast Indiana
The Our Story Project, spearheaded by the Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership, discovered the unified voice for Northeast Indiana. Through consensus-driven workshops in all ten counties and an online version of the workshop, the project focused on defining the human personality of the region and then how to communicate that personality authentically.
- The region knows who it is regardless of where you live.
- The region knows who it’s not.
- The region wants to be bigger, bolder, and more assertive.
- Societal change is needed for a lasting legacy.
- The region has a compelling cause.
1. Time-Honored American Strength
As a region, we represent the best of what it truly means to be American. Since 1794, our tenacious drive to succeed is matched only by our unwavering resolve and strength.
2. Spirit of Collaboration
As a region, we know that the contribution of many trumps the success of the individual every time. We value our sense of team and family, creating partnerships and uniting for the common good.
3. Progressive Leadership
The pride and confidence of our region is rooted in our constant determination and creative ability to adapt. As leaders, we move forward despite opposition, to persevere and advance our community.
4. Uphold and Embrace
We endeavor to progress while respecting our heritage. Likewise, we aspire to leave a legacy for future generations, by strengthening our community through a spirit of inclusiveness.
5. Big-Hearted Hospitality
As a region, our friendliness and hospitality are a guiding force for how visitors perceive us. We welcome visitors with an easy-going smile and a welcoming hand.
Download the Results
Interested in participating in an Our Story Project training workshop? Let us know!
WAJI Job Opportunities WAJI, 95.1 an Equal Opportunity Employer, is dedicated to providing broad outreach regarding job vacancies at the station. We seek the help of local organizations in referring qualified applicants to our station. Organizations that wish to receive our vacancy information should contact WAJI by calling (260)-423-3676. Office hours are Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm.
PART TIME SALES
NEED A JOB MORE FLEXIBLE PART TIME JOB SCHEDULE? BEST FM 95.1 WAJI IS LOOKING TO FILL A PART-TOME SALES POSITION WITH FLEXIBLE HOURS, WEEKDAYS BETWEEN 8A AND 5PM. CALL SHELLY TODAY: 260-423-3676
WAJI IS SEEKING AN EXPERIENCED SALESPERSON MUST POSSESS: SUCCESSFUL SALES TRACK RECORD ABILITY TO SELL DIRECT AND AGENCY CUSTOMERS.
SEND COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
DIRECTOR OF SALES
347 WEST BERRY STREET, SUITE 600
FORT WAYNE IN 46802